- Echo Dot
- Echo Plus
Understanding & Troubleshooting Red Light Ring in Amazon Echo
Is your Echo device annoying you by displaying Alexa Red ring error? Or,
The device displays Red ring, echo showing offline, getting "Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding you right now” message?
Or, is your Amazon Echo not listening?
Then, it’s high time that you get rid of red light Alexa and the questions like- Why is Alexa Red, all the time?
Here are the problems Associated with Red Light Ring in Echo:
- Echo often has the red light and says it can’t understand right now
- Amazon Echo lights up in red and says “I’m sorry, I don’t understand right now, try again later”
- Alexa Red ring trouble understanding
- Amazon Echo not listening
- Echo Does not respond to your voice command
- You’re troubled by Red ring, echo showing offline, getting “Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding you right now” message, or
- Echo Red light keeps flashing
Then, follow the instructions given in this guide for quick fix to Alexa red ring problem!
However, if your Echo is red most of the time, then follow the instructions given in the guide, here!
Basic Troubleshooting of Alexa Red Ring Error
Alexa device called Echo show red light because of Amazon Echo Mic problems or Alexa wifi connection error.
So, identify the problem and know what to fix!
Echo Microphone not working: Solved( Alexa Red Ring Error)
Muted microphone: Most common reason of Echo Red ring.
To fix this:
- Press and hold the microphone button at the device top to turn on the echo device.
- As soon as you press the button, the echo red light ring in the Amazon Echo will go off. That’s how, it enables your Alexa device for again receiving, understanding, and executing the voice commands.
- In case, you can’t un-mute microphone, then restart the echo device. As, most probably the device has other stored instructions, which aren’t executing. So, you need to delete them first.
However, if the Alexa red ring error still persists, perform a hard reset of the device.
Reset Echo Device to Fix Alexa Red Ring Error
For factory reset of Alexa device,
- Plug-in the Echo device and search for the hole, located at the top or base of the Echo equipment. Now, take a paper clip or any similar tool to press the reset button inside the hole.
- Press and hold the button to change Alexa colour ring. Here, the echo light ring will turn orange indicating the process initiation.
- Next, the echo light ring will automatically turn off and on. During the process, when the Alexa light ring turns orange in colour, it means the device has entered the Setup mode.
Hence, you can now connect it to Wi-Fi and set up your Echo device.
Note: Bad internet connection can also cause trigger the issue of Alexa microphone not working. So, do keep a check on it, as well.
To beat the Amazon echo wifi issues, delve deeper into the solutions ahead!
Other Things to Do ( To FIx Alexa Red Ring Error)
- Download the latest version of Alexa app.
- Place Echo near to wireless router and modem.
- Make sure wireless connectivity is stable, read this guide if Echo Keeps Disconnecting from WiFi Network
Echo Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Solved
If your echo won’t connect to wifi, Alexa app cannot understand or respond to voice commands.
Therefore, to fix this:
- Simply, restart the router and your echo device. To do this, unplug both the hardware for 5-10 seconds then, again plug-in the modem and your Echo.
- Next, wait until your Alexa device greets you with a welcome message.
If this doesn’t work, check for the signal strength.
- If it’s weak, keep your router and echo device close to each other. Also, make sure there aren’t any devices, like microwave, television, etc. between them.
- In case, the Alexa red ring issue still prevails, try to fix the problem by simply restarting all the connected hardware like extenders, splitters, and router.
Other than this, make sure:
- The ‘webview’ of android system and echo is updated.
- The proxy server and other VPN services are blocked on the network.
- The firmware of your Alexa device is updated.
If you don’t know how to update device firmware, check out the following steps for quick fix.
Update Device Firmware
To update firmware and troubleshoot echo red light problem,
- First, go to Alexa App. Next, in the app menu go to Settings option.
- As soon the next screen opens, select the device and scroll down to Device software version in about section.
- Click on this version and wait for the firmware update to complete.
Important: Don’t command or access Alexa device unless the update is finished.
If you’ve any trouble updating firmware, reboot your Echo device by pressing the power button for 3 seconds. This will help you initiate the process of up gradation.
In case, the Alexa red ring flashing continuously, go for advanced troubleshooting steps given ahead.
Advanced Troubleshooting of Alexa Red Ring Issue
Don’t panic seeing the word- “Advanced” as users with mere or no technical knowledge can also perform Alexa red ring fix.
To connect Echo to a stronger wifi network:
- First, switch off mobile data on your phone, as Alexa device only support dual band and ad-hoc network.
- Now, sign in router portal on Internet Explorer or any other familiar browser window. Next, type IP address in the provided field of the browser window.
Note: Check your router base for the IP address. If couldn’t locate it, simply click here and know the address by selecting your router name from the provided list.
- Next, on login dashboard type the default username and password, unless you changed them. Unaware of these details, then get them from here.
- After successful login, select “Wireless setting” option and split the network in 2.4 GHz and 5.0GHz band.
In the next window, check the SSID names for both the network. If they’re same, make changes, as given in the screenshot below.
- Then, see and change the channel value for both the network. If it’s set “Auto”, then:
For 2.4 GHz: set any value between 0 - 11
and, for 5.0 GHz set any channel between 36-48 or 149-165.
- If the value is not set as “Auto”, prefer to change and set them on highest end in the given range.
- For network security, prefer the option WPA2-PSK [AES]. Also, make sure you to select the checkbox of “Disable port scan and Dos protection”, as given in the picture.
- Lastly, connect Echo to 5.0 GHz network as it provides a great Wi-Fi speed.
Note: Try to keep this network only for 5.0 GHz network, else it may cause network congestion, which indirectly triggers
Note: Ensure to dedicate the network- 5.0GHz only to the Echo device because it will combat the echo red light ring issue.
Hopefully, the steps to troubleshoot Alexa red ring error in Echo are easy to understand and follow; else you can take assistance by calling Support Team toll-free number 1-877-773-5402 (US/Canada).