- Echo Dot
- Echo Plus
Solved- Amazon Echo Registration Failure -Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1
Does your screen display an error stating-“Amazon Echo registration Failure”?
While registering Echo device do you get a message “There was an error registering your device error 10:2:12:3:1”?
If it’s yes then, explore the troubleshooting guide below and know how to fix Amazon Echo registration Failure error.
What is Included in Echo registration Failure Guide?
In this complete guide of Echo Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1, you’ll find:
- Situations- When Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error Occurs
- Best and Handy Solutions for Echo Dot Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1
- Steps on how to register/de-register Amazon Echo Devices
- Tips to Avoid re-occurrence of Amazon Echo Registration failure Error
- Possible causes of Amazon Echo registration Failure Error
In a sure shot way, it’s a complete troubleshooting guide for Amazon Alexa/echo error 10:2:12:3:1
Situations- When you may get Echo Dot Registration Error!
Echo registration failure error mainly occurs when:
- You’re running registration of Amazon Alexa device, which can be the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Look or Echo Tap
- You’re trying to run and execute the process of Amazon Alexa app setup
Some of the other scenarios, when you may get an error 10:2:12:3:1 include,
- Echo device that you get as a GIFT-> gives trouble while setting up and registering the device
- For Used/Refurbished Amazon Echo device, you may see Amazon Echo registration error 10:2:12:3:1
- Echo device that you purchased-> can display Amazon Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 while setting up or registering the device
- After Amazon Echo reset, you may get error code 10:2:12:3:1 in Amazon Alexa app
- Alexa error code 7:1:10:12:2
- Even when Amazon Alexa keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi, the device keeps responding Echo registration error.
To know more on causes of Amazon Echo Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1 check out the list given at the end.
The solution for Amazon Echo/Alexa Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1
After knowing the possible situations leading to Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1, it’s time to know and understand the devices that may give you trouble with registration error.
- Alexa Echo plus Error 10:2:12:3:1
- Amazon Echo 1st and 2nd generation
- Alexa tap error code 10:2:12:3:1
- Echo dot registration error
- Amazon Echo spot
- Echo look error code 10:2:12:3:1
- Amazon Echo connect
- Amazon Echo show cant register
Now, let’s get straight to the solution of error 10:2:12:3:1, which varies in each case.
Do these things before Troubleshooting Echo Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1
Before you fix the Echo registration error 10:2:12:3:1,
- Download the updated version of Amazon Echo app on your computer or mobile
- However, before jumping to any website or store, make sure:
- If you’re using mobile then, have:
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
- Android 5.0 or higher
- iOS/Mac OS 9.0 or higher
- If you’re using Desktop then, have:
- Chrome book
- Chrome Browser with advanced version
- Desktop attest Pentium p4 with 1GB RAM
- If you’re using mobile then, have:
With these fulfilled requirements, you can easily download Alexa app without falling to any error.
Other Precautionary Steps- Before You Setup Echo device
- While setting up the Echo device, ensure it is placed in the same room and no more than 8Ft. away from the wireless router and modem.
- Avoid placing any electronic device between router and Echo device to combat network congestion.
- Also, make sure to place the Echo device at least 8 inches above the floor and away from walls.
- Disable any VPN or proxy servers running on the system.
- Setup and configure your router wireless network under a frequency range of 2.5 to 5.0 GHz.
- Ensure to disable the firewall or any other security software that may be blocking the network.
Troubleshoot Echo Error 10:2:12:3:1 (For Gifted Amazon Echo Devices)\
Amazon Echo Dot had the highest sale last festival season. And, there are ample of users, who have trouble registering this gifted device.
Some of them even denote it as Amazon Echo error 10:2:12:3:1
Why that happen:
Has your friend or any family member gifted Echo device to you but has forgotten to check the box stated: “It’s a gift”? If it’s a yes, then, this is the reason you’re seeing- Amazon Echo Alexa registration Error 10:2:12:3:1 on your screen.
In detail, whenever you purchase any Echo device, it gets registered/ assigned to an Amazon account. So, in case it’s a gifted device i.e. registered on your account- you can set it up using the same email ID. However, if the user tries to use some other email ID, the Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1 will pop up.
Now, just follow the tips and solution given below to fix Echo error code 10:2:12:3:1 or Amazon Echo Alexa Registration error (during the setup).
- First, contact the person, who gifted the Amazon Echo device.
- Next, ask them to log in their Amazon account and then, make them deregister the gifted Echo device.
- In case, none of you knows how to deregister Echo device from Amazon account then, check out our Echo deregistration guide below.
- Now, after the Echo device is deregistered from your friend or family member account, it’s time to reset the device. To know how to learn here, how to reset the device.
- Next, register your gifted Echo device on your Amazon account.
- To learn the steps of How to setup Amazon Echo device, click here.
- Make sure, if you’re planning to gift Echo device to someone, you’ve checked the box “it’s a gift” in your Amazon cart.
- In any case, if you forget to select “it’s a gift” checkbox then, do it later. For this, just update the ordered gift setting from the account.
Go to Amazon Account-> Orders -> Select Product -> Product Detail Page -> Select “It’s a Gift” option.
- Lastly, if the device has been delivered and you have forgotten to check “it’s a gift” option in Amazon cart, then, all you need to do is deregister the device from your own Amazon account.
Troubleshoot- If the Echo Device is Brand New and Getting Error 10:2:12:3:1
Before implementing the following solution, make sure you’ve purchased the Echo device from the manufacturer. Also, ensure that it’s not a gift from any friend or relative.
After fulfilling the above-defined requirements, if you Echo device still getting errors 10:2:12:3:1 then, check out the solution here.
1. Before Troubleshooting: Points to Remember
- Use same email ID to register and setup Echo device that you once used while purchasing Echo from Amazon website.
- Go for basic troubleshooting steps like Modem Restart, Echo device hard reset, and Alexa app fresh install- as this works most of the time.
- Try Echo device registration after a few As sometimes Amazon server is down that may lead to this error mistakenly.
2. Troubleshooting Steps
- Once the device is located on the app, open the browser and type the IP as in http://192.168.0.1/.
- Next, type the authenticated username and password of your router on the login page. If you’re unaware of this login information, click here (just select router manufacturer) to find the default set username and password of your wireless router.
- On successful login, go to ‘Advanced’ settings in network logs.
- Next, search for the error that will look alike- [DoS Attack] Port Scan PROTO: UDP SPT:50395 DPT:123
- After this, under ‘Advanced ‘ settings, go to Setup ->WAN Setup(listed in the left bar of the window).
- In the next step, select the checkbox of “Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection”, and click “Apply”.
- Finally, restart the router/ modem and setup Echo
You won’t see any registration error after this. However, if you can’t locate DoS attack error log, then call on 1-877-773-5402 for assistance.
Important: In case you find that Amazon server displays the message such as, “Device is stolen or lost”, or your Echo device is blocked, or it still displays order status-undelivered then, return it to the manufacturer.
3. Possible cause of Error 10:2:12:3:1 in this case:
Echo registration Failure Error mainly occurs when:
- Amazon server thinks you’ve stolen or lost your Echo device
- Amazon server displays the Echo device as undelivered in Order status, or
- Unfortunately, when you’ve got a defective device
For all such Amazon Echo problems, simply call Echo Support to fix the issue.
Troubleshoot Echo Dot Registration Error for 2nd Hand & Used Echo Devices
By chance, if you’ve purchased the Echo device from third party website like eBay or through a site other than Amazon, then Amazon Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 is highly common.
So, in any such case, you can try the following tips:
- First, contact the person from whom you bought the Echo device.
- Secondly, ask that individual to deregister the device from his/her Amazon account.
- If the first owner deregisters Echo device, simply jump to point with an asterisk (*).
- Otherwise, ask the same person to provide you with a verification
- Once you have the code, go for registration process and setup echo device.
- In the next step, ask the same individual to deregister the Echo device from his Amazon account.
Note: If the person is unaware of the deregistering process, you can help him using the process, given below.
- *After the de-registration process is complete, reset the Echo device and go for fresh Amazon Echo setup. Here, use your own Amazon account to download Alexa app.
If you’re stuck anywhere in this Echo process, call on 1-877-773-5402 and provide remote access to your device to resolve the problem. For any other similar queries, you can also seek Support for Echo.
Benefits of Previously Owned Amazon Echo Devices
Everything has its pros and cons; in the same way, purchasing the used Amazon Echo device has its own merits & demerits.
- For security reasons, Amazon has made it mandatory to use the same email ID for Echo registration (the one you use during its purchase).
- However, in case your Echo device is lost or stolen, no one can use it. In fact, you can report about the same and your Echo device will be locked.
- As said earlier, you can only use the email ID for device registration that was used to purchase. This implies, if you use wrong email and password- your device gets automatically locked.
- Last but not the least, no one can use your device without your prior permission unless you’ve de-registered it from your Amazon account.
Tips to Avoid Amazon Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 in Second Hand Echo Devices:
- If you want to give your device to someone else or want to sell the device you previously owned, first de-register the device and then factory resets the echo to default settings so that no one can access your data and accounts.
- If you want to buy a previously owned Amazon Echo device or one of your friend or relative gifts you previously owned echo device, ask them to de-register the device from their Amazon account so that you can register it from your own account.
Troubleshoot Echo error 10:2:12:3:1- If you haven’t used Alexa Device for more than One Year
In case, you haven’t touched or used Echo device for more than a year, do expect Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1 on your screen.
Simply put, the error 10:2:12:3:1 is quite common- if you’re trying to register and setup Amazon Echo after a year. In such case, follow these simple tips:
- Download Amazon Alexa app (latest version)
- Next, open the Alexa app -> navigate to Menu bar -> select “Help and Feedback” option.
- Then, under “User Guide” -> select your Echo device-> Scroll down and click “Alexa device software update.”
Otherwise, you can even set your Echo device to Download mode and leave it in mute mode for about an hour.
- By this, you will be able to setup the Echo device, once it is updated.
Why that Happen:
The reason why- Echo Devices gets Amazon Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 is:
“The time period for which device remained inactive”. In detail, the count of firmware and Alexa app updates during that time reaches another level.
Therefore, all those trying to register old Alexa device with latest Alexa app, need to know that Alexa will not recognize the Echo device.
Error 10:2:12:3:1 in Amazon Echo, after you Reset Echo device
After you reset or de-registered Echo device from Alexa app, if Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1 appears on screen during Amazon Echo setup, simply follow these steps:
- To begin, ensure you’re using the same email ID and password that you used to setup Echo device for the first time.
- Next, if the router has Guest network in wifi settings, enable it. Then, connect and register your Alexa device on that network.
- Make use of static IP address settings. To find it, go to the IP address section under ‘Setting’ menu.
- In case, if there’s a firmware update available for your Alexa device, download and install it.
To locate the firmware update, go to Alexa app Settings-> Help and Feedback Section-> Select your Echo device-> Scroll down-> click ‘Upgrade Firmware’ button.
- Then, inspect your network settings and set it on WPA2 mode. If the security option is set as WPA/WPA2, you will get an error.
- Now, login to Alexa app and setup Echo device.
- To complete the Echo setup process, you need to check and copy the code send to your email inbox.
- Next, try signing Wi-Fi through Guest Account. Once you accomplish the registration process, change your account.
Note: Ensure the emails are not filtered from Amazon to junk folder by the email client. Also, practice the general setup procedure.
By now, you would be able to resolve Amazon Echo error 10:2:12:3:1. In case, you need help during any of the Echo device setup and registration steps (given above), feel free to call on 1-877-773-5402 and fix error 10:2:12:3:1.
Why Error 10:2:12:3:1 occurs after you rest your echo device?
Well, it is because of:
- Incorrect email id and password
- Active Two-way authentication on your email account
- Insecure network
How to Deregister Amazon Echo Device?
To deregister Echo device from Amazon account or Alexa app, follow the steps given below:
Steps to Deregistering From Amazon Account
For a gifted Echo device, ask the person who gifted it:
- To sign in his/her Amazon Account. If it’s you, who has to deregister the Echo device then, log in your Amazon account using the same credentials that you used to buy the product.
- Next, click “My account” to open a pop up with a list of many options. Then, select “Manage your Content and Devices” from the list.
- In the next opened screen, go to “Your Devices” tab. This will open the list of current devices associated with Amazon account.
- Just select the device you gifted or wish to deregister from Amazon Account.
- On the same screen, next, tap three dots (…) at the left side. Then, select the “Deregister” option from the list.
- Afterwards, follow on-screen instructions to complete the deregistering Echo device process through your Amazon account.
- On successful completion, you’ll see the confirmation message on the screen.
Steps to Deregistering From Amazon Alexa app
Interestingly, you can deregister the Echo device from Alexa app, as well. To do so, follow these steps:
- First, open the Amazon Echo app and go to the navigation bar menu.
- Next, select ‘Settings’ from the opened navigation menu and this will provide the list of all the devices that are registered with your Alexa account.
- Then, select the Echo device for deregistration and scroll down to click the “Deregister” button.
- As soon as the process completes, you will get a confirmation message on the screen.
Now, if your gifted device is deregistered, it’s time to register and set up Echo device with your Alexa account. To make sure that the setup process completes without any error, you can follow the guide to start Amazon Echo setup.
Things to keep in mind & avoid Amazon Echo error 10:2:12:3:1
Several actions or things can lead to Amazon Alexa or Echo server errors. In case, you’re unfamiliar with the activities that originate Alexa error code 10:2:12:3:1 then, do the following.
- If you’ve bought the Echo device, remember the Amazon credentials from which it’s purchased.
- Next, use the same Amazon account credentials to register and set up Echo device with Alexa app.
- In case, it’s a gifted device, use the credentials on which the Echo device is registered. However, you can change these credentials through the deregistration
- Don’t try to install the stolen or lost Echo device on your Amazon account, as it will get a ban.
- Improper Echo device reset may also lead to the orientation of this error.
What are the common reasons for the Amazon Echo/Alexa Error Code 10:2:12:3:1?
Several causes/reasons lead to the error 10:2:12:3:1 in Amazon Alexa App. To know in detail, here’s the complete list:
Amazon Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 due to lost or stolen Alexa Device
As per the user opinion:
During the new Echo device setup, initially, the device easily connects to Wifi. But, later the Echo setup process halts with the message, “was an error registering your device error 10:2:12:3:1” or “Alexa Registration Failure” and sometimes also, “Can’t register echo device”.
Users mainly encounter this Amazon Alexa registration error 10:2:12:3:1(Echo registration error) when:
- Their Echo device is reported stolen/lost or
- They register a gifted device with incorrect Amazon ID
- If the device claims as ‘Undelivered’ in Amazon account.
Echo Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1 because the device is recounted Undelivered
As said earlier, if you have received your Echo device but in Amazon account, it shows ‘Undelivered Status’ then, you can come across Echo registration error.
So, always cross check your order status on the account, before getting into the Echo device registration process.
Alexa Registration Error because you are Trying to Register Gifted Device
For a gifted Echo device, you may get an Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1, if the device is already registered with some other account.
What can you do?
In case you have a gifted Echo device,
- Ask its first owner to deregister the device from his/her Amazon account.
However, if you are thinking to gift Echo device to someone, make sure to tick the “It’s a gift” checkbox in Amazon cart. Otherwise, the recipient will have a problem setting up and registering the Echo device.
Amazon Echo Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1 as you haven’t used the device For Year or More
If you haven’t touched or used your Echo device for a year or more, you’ll definitely get Registration error 10:2:12:3:1. To know why check these points:
- There can be an upgrade in the Alexa app in the time the device was kept unused.
- During that one year or so, many upgraded versions of Alexa app and Echo device firmware would be launched.
- And, to register or setup Echo device error-free, you must have the updated version of all.
- In case, you try to register your Echo without checking and updating this software then, there will be compatibility issues in Alexa app.
Bought Echo Device From eBay or best buy
Are you among those users, who have the same complaint about Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1 (i.e. you see this error code while setting or registering Echo device)?
Then, it’s important for you to know that you might have many things similar to other such users. These include:
- The purchase of Echo device from eBay or any other site than the Amazon
- Amazon servers has reported the device as stolen or lost.
- The device you got is earlier used by some other individual (with different Amazon Account credentials)
Alexa Registration Error Occurs, when you’re trying to register 2nd hand Echo device
While setting up your second-hand Echo device with your own Amazon account, are you troubled by Amazon Alexa registration error 10:2:12:3:1? If that’s a yes, it means:
- The Echo device that you're using can be still registered on the email ID of the previous owner.
- So, when you purchase a used Echo device, make sure to ask and confirm the device deregistration from earlier user’s account.
- In case, the device you own is 1st hand but still, you encounter Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1- ensure you haven’t bought it from eBay or any site other than Amazon! Else, the error prevails.
- Other than this, if you’re trying to register the Echo device in a non-supportive country, the Error 10:2:12:3:1 will not resolve.
- Besides this, if your wireless router is not a Dual-band, you may also get the error 7:1:10:12:2
- After purchasing the Echo device from our own ID, if you still face the registration error, ensure that you aren’t using a different email address to login Amazon account.
- Unfortunately, if you receive a defective Echo device, again the Error will be there while Amazon Echo setup.
Some user get Amazon Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 Because of Defective Echo Device
If you are getting Echo registration error in a combination of 10:2:12:3:1 and 12:2:15:10:1 then:
- Either you have a defective Echo device or there is an issue with Amazon server
- For a defective Echo device, you need to contact the manufacturer and ask for your Echo device replacement.
- You must wait for some time if the problem is from the Amazon's end.
Echo Error code 10:2:12:3:1 After Resetting the Device:
In case, you keep getting Amazon Alexa error 10:2:12:3:1 in your Echo device- even when you’ve performed a hard reset, this implies:
- You’re using incorrect Email and Password to register the Echo device, or
- The language you’ve selected differs from the region, or
- Your home network is insecure
Why May Amazon Server Ban your Device?
Echo device is banned from the cloud servers? To know why and how to resolve the issue, check out the points given below:
- Amazon has allotted a UID (Unique Identification Number) to each Echo Device.
- During your Echo setup and registration process, the Amazon cross verifies the assigned ID to confirm the correct and real ownership of each device.
- That’s why, Amazon asks you to use the same ID during registration, which you selected once to purchase the device.
- In case, you enter incorrect Amazon account credentials or used some other ID to register or setup your Echo device, there will be an issue with the Authentication of the Device Proprietorship.
And, to get the solution to this problem, you can contact the manufacturer or call on 1-877-773-5402.
Know More on Alexa Registration Failure Error
To wrap up,
- It gets a server level error code if you encounter an Error 10:2:12:3:1 in Amazon echo or Alexa device
- Simply put, the error occurrence suspects the Echo device ownership- that you’re using.
- In other words, the stolen or lost Echo device issue leads to Error 10:2:12:3:1 during setup.
And in almost all such cases, you have to contact Alexa Support team to fix the error.
- Before giving Echo device as a gift, make sure to tell Amazon about it, by simply selecting “It is a gift box” option in Amazon Cart.
- Some of the other Amazon Echo error codes, for which you can seek help on 1-877-773-5402 (toll-free) include: